Friday, October 24, 2014

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned

It's been several decades since I last gorged on this much bread, chocolate, butter, cream, straight-up caffeine, liver of various fowl, fried potatoes, wine, crêpes (filled with butter and chocolate), and cheese.  I confess to you, and my foodie brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault: In my thoughts obsessing about my next meal and in my words garbled by a mouthful of warm croissant, in what I have drooled over and what I have failed to pass up; and I ask all the angels and saints (especially St. Lawrence - look it up), and you my sybaritic brothers and sisters, to pray for me for self-control over my gluttonous ways in this gastronomic Garden of Eden. 
Amen. 


Hot chocolat at the Hôtel Le Bristol.  
Basically, a very expensive melted chocolate bar with a side of heavy cream.  
Served with more chocolate, what else?
Pastry shop next door
A shop exclusively for Fromage de Tête. Only in Paris!
The best frittes ever (they don't call 'em French fries for nothin')
French onion soup, the genuine article. 
A perfectly healthy plate of fresh vegetables, deliciously ruined by a 
super-creamy, calorie-laden dressing
Dessert crêpes filled with Chantilly cream, drizzled with chocolate 
Strong French coffee, so you can be completely awake
while you moan in agony during digestion


1 comment: